E & D Water Softeners: What a difference
Most people are aware of the benefits of clean and pure drinking water. But did you know that soft water can provide your family with numerous advantages, too?
While the consumption of water is necessary for human life, we also use it every day for a variety of other reasons. Whether for bathing, cleaning, or leisure-time activities such as swimming, water is a staple that we all depend on and take for granted.
Most hard water contains calcium and magnesium. The hardness of your water depends on the amount of these and other dissolved minerals. Different items are available on the market that remove the calcium and magnesium in the water by moving it through a filtering resin.
Water Softeners Make Appliances Last Longer, Clothes Brighter, & You Feel Better!
Advantages of Soft Water
1. Having soft water saves you money. When your water is soft, you use much less soap and fewer cleaning products. Your budget will automatically reflect the savings.
2. Your plumbing will last longer. Hard water can cause a build up of scale from mineral deposits. Over time, pipes can clog, water flow can diminish, and water pressure can be reduced. This doesn’t happen with soft water. Soft water is low in mineral content and therefore doesn’t leave deposits in the pipes.
3. Your hot water heater will last longer. Scale and lime build-up created by minerals will not take place if your water is soft. This adds life to your hot water heater. Also, if you don’t have deposits in your hot water heater, it will cost approximately 20% less to heat the water that your family does use. At the end of a year, these savings can really add up.
4. Diminished razor burn: Soft water causes the razor to glide more easily across the face. This, in turn, causes your razor blades to last longer.
5. Most water-using appliances will last longer. Whether it’s your coffee pot, your humidifier, or your hot tub, soft water inhibits a build-up of minerals and adds life to these products.